How To Become SAG Eligible
There are two ways to become SAG Eligible:
1) Proof of SAG/AFTRA Employment OR
2) Employment under an affiliated performer's union. You can join if you're a paid up member of an affiliated performer's union such as Equity or American Guild of Variety Artists for one year and have worked and been paid for at least one year as a principal performer in that union's jurisdiction
1) Get a Taft-Hartley form. Once you've filled out one, you become SAG eligible. This allows nonunion performers to work in nonunion shows.
2) Work on SAG AFTRA New Media Project. This can include working on a web series, internet videos, etc.
3) Earn 3 Background Vouchers from Extra Work
4) Be in a sister union for at least a week