6 Months Of Inspirational Quotes: Part 1
I've decided to compile a handful of quotes that have been moving to me in some way over the past half a year. This feels particularly timely considering the tenuous state of the world right now, and all of the unexpected curveballs life has thrown at me on both a micro and macro level this year.
1) "Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." -Arthur Ashe. This would be my advice to all aspiring creative professionals. Starting somewhere is better than inactivity due to fear of not having the right connections, training, etc.
2) "Deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do." -Steve Jobs
3) If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito." -Anita Roddick
4) "The most important thing about art is to work. Nothing else matters except sitting down every day and trying." -Steven Pressfield
5) "Consider everything an experiment"- Corita Kent
6) "Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection." -Mark Twain
7) "What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do." -Tim Ferriss
8) "Move your focus away from finding the right work, toward working right, and eventually build a love for what you do." -Cal Newport
9) "Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law." -Douglas R. Hofstadter
10) "Simplicity boils down to steps: Identify the essential. Eliminate the rest." -Leo Babauta
11) "The way to achieve your own success is to be willing to help somebody else get it first." -Iyanla Vanzantt
12) "When people are places in positions slightly about what they expect, they are apt to excel." -Margaret Wheatley
13) "An inventor fails 999 times and if he succeeds once, he's in. He treats his failures simply as practice shots." -Charles Kettering
THIS QUOTE IS GOLD FOR ACTORS!
14) "Never neglect details. When everyone's mind is dulled or distracted the leader must be doubly vigilant." -Colin Powell
15) "The work that we find most fulfilling is almost always a recreation and extension of youthful play." -Stuart Brown
16) "The key is not to prioritize your schedule but to schedule your priorities."-Stephen Covey. If there was one quote that succinctly summarized by approach to scheduling (I'm one of those nerds who uses three different planners), it would be this quote. I don't necessarily always follow my calendar perfectly if my priorities change. I try to focus on what matters most.
17) "Remember, the universal language is not texted, emailed or spoken. It is felt." -Angela Ahrendts
18) "I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." -Michael Jordan
19) "When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or int the life of another." -Helen Keller
20) "Out of the strain of the doing, into the peace of the done." -Julia Louis Woodruff