6 Months Of Inspirational Quotes Part 3
1) "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." -Oscar Wilde. With all due respect to people in more corporate professions, this is why I have never been interested in a conventional job that pays well but that I don't enjoy doing...
2) "Nothing is impossible; the word itself says, "I'm possible?"-Audrey Hepburn
3) "Fall seven times, stand up eight." -Japanese Proverb
4) "The future belongs to those who learn more skills and combine them in creative ways." - If I'm ever in the position of teaching a master class and I only had five minutes to communicate what I've learned, I would tell people this, regardless of the field they want to pursue.
5) "Your potential, the absolute best you're capable of-that's the metric to measure yourself against." -Ryan Holliday (as an aside, I highly recommend "The Daily Stoic" to anyone interested in self improvement)
6) "Perfect is the enemy of the good." - I love this quote because I am in a predicament where by the end of the fall, I anticipate having enough footage to make a film reel, which would help advance my career. The only problem is that I'm my worst critic, and I feel like my acting isn't as perfect as I want it to be in some of the clips. However, if I wait until I have perfect footage, that could take years. So I have to remind myself that at a certain point having something that is imperfect is better than having a perfect nothing.
7) "Action cures fear. Indecision, postponement, on the other hand, fertilize fear." -David J Schwartz
8) "Think of many things; do one." -This quote accurately sums up my approach to productivity in quarantine, especially when the sudden abundance of free time can feel overwhelming.
9) "Knowing where you came from is less important than knowing where you are going."- Neil Degrasse Tyson
10) "We have a strategic plan. It's called doing things." -Herb Kelleher
11) "Don't lament so much about how your career is going to turn out. You don't have a career. You have a life." -Cheryl Strayed
12) "Self esteem comes from achieving something important when it's hard to do." -Clayton M Christensen
13) "It's all very well to know it intellectually, but how do you feel about it? What is your experience of this?" - Jamgon Kongtrul
14) "The best way to improve your self control is to see how and why you lose control."- Kelly McGonigal
15) "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain
16) "Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it by use." - Ruth Gordon
17) "Caring about the happiness of others, we find our own." -Plato. I fervently believe that the best way for actors to find peace, both in their scene work and in life, is to try to take the focus off of themselves.
18) "Power is not given. You have to take it." -Beyonce Knowles. I mean, c'mon, who can ignore the advice of Queen Bey?
19) "Accept no one's definition of your life: define yourself."-Harvey Fierstein
20) "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." -James R. Sherman