6 Months of Inspirational Quotes Part 4
1) "Better to live one year as a tiger than a hundred as a sheep." -Madonna
2) "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."- Harriet Beecher Stowe. Frankly I feel like giving up all the time. I think many actors do. But I figure that dealing with the inevitable ups and downs of this business beats giving up on my dreams when I feel that they just might be in reach, since I've been lucky enough to get some work as an actor.
3) "You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches." -Dita Von Tesse
4) "Don't justify your dreams. Execute on them." -Gary Vaynerchuk
5) "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb
6) "Don't waste your time chasing butterflies. Mend you garden, and the butterflies will come." -Mario Quintana
7) "Everything should be as simple as it can be, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
8) "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." -Jean Luc Picard. Considering that there are many acting jobs that prefer that actors don't have tattoos, I'll probably never get one. But if I did, I'd probably get this phrase tattoo'd. Because this is the essential thing that actors have to accept: you can give the most perfect audition of your life and not get the job because you simply don't have the right look, or you can have a bad audition and get the job because they think you're right for the part.
9) "Don't tell people your dreams. Show them." -Unknown
10) "A worker without genius is better than a genius who won't work." - Leopold Auer
11) "You have power over your mind, not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius
12) "It's always the hard part that creates value." -Seth Godin
13) "If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities." -Maya Angelous
14) "Luck is preparation meeting opportunity." This basically sums up my response to people who criticize actors for pursuing "a career based on luck."
15) "The more you eliminate the inefficient use of information, the better it is for productivity." -Mitch Kapor
16) "If you want to make an easy job might hard, just keep putting off doing it." - Olin Miller. There have been countless times I've procrastinated on doing a task, and it's come back to bite me. I found the best way for me to prevent this is to do a task as early as possible (i.e. as soon fas it comes to my attention.)
17) "Do not let making a living prevent you from making a life." -John Wooden
18) "The mark of great sportsmen is not how good they are at their best, but how good they are at their worst." -Martina Navratilova
19) "There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long range risks of comfortable inaction."-John F. Kennedy