6 Months of Inspirational Quotes Part 5
1) "To the degree we're not living our dreams; our comfort zone has more control of us than we have over ourselves." - Peter McWilliams
2) "Nothing is less productive than to make more efficient what should not be done at all." I love this quote because I think one of the essential elements of adult-ing is determining what is actually an effective use of one's free time. For example, I could make a system to very efficiently color code my wardrobe, but that absolutely doesn't need to be done (particularly because it's not like I own some sort of walk in closet, so I never feel particularly overwhelmed when I look at it).
3) "I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you love than to be a success at something you hate." -George Burns
4) "How you climb a mountain is more important than reaching the top." -Yvon Chouinard
5) "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." -Maya Angelou
6) "Nothing is a mistake. There's no win and no fail. There's only make." - Corita Kent
7) "If you have time to whine then you have time to find a solution." - Dee Dee Artner
8) "When all things seem to fail, stand on your inner strength, shovel today's challenge for your tomorrow's freedom." -Aniekee Tochukwu Ezekiel
9) "You failed, but you lived. The sooner you own up to it, the faster you evolve." - Mimi Ikonn
10) "The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now."- Chinese Proverb
11) "To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing." -Eva Young
12) "You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take."- Wayne Gretzky. There's a reason that my life mantra starts with "Train like an athlete...." This quote succinctly sums up why I strongly believe that all actors without representation should aim to apply for at least one job a day on Backstage of Actor's Access.
13) "You always have two choices; your commitment versus your fear." -Sammy David Jr.
14) "When you can write well, you can think well." -Matt Mullenweg
15) "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Lao Tzu
16) "Ordinary people think merely of spending time, great people think of using it." -Arthur Schoppenhauer. It's funny how some passions, like my passion for musical theater, are lifelong, while others you discover later in life. One of the latter for me has been my interest in life hacking, which I fervently believe is highly relevant to actors, since we're often juggling conflicting professional (and personal) obligations. What I love about the concept of maximizing time is that anyone can do it, at any time and from any place.
17) "Think not long, but do; do not long, but think." -Confucius
18) "There are no failures-just experiences and your reactions to them." -Tom Krause
19) "The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another."- William James. Honestly, I sometimes feel like a prisoner of my thoughts, but the better I get at this skill, the more inner peace I find.